Monday, December 29, 2008

g'day, g'diaper!

Is this not the cutest little bum cover you've ever seen? We think g'diapers may be the way we go with the whole diaper thing. But we're not sure yet. These are "semi-disposable," meaning if we were on a regular sewer line we could simply flush the liners away to naturally biodegrade in the great beyond (really?). Or we could compost them (poo-less) by tossing them into the woods behind our house. I wonder how that would look/smell 6 months from now???

We will probably cheat at first with disposables, and my friend Carla is giving me her little boy's outgrown cloth diapers, so I am going to try those also. But how, exactly, do you set up a soaking system for your baby's diapers when you have a front-loading washing machine 3 floors down from the changing table? Advice, anyone?

I am sure this will be the first of many little dilemmas we will face in the months/years to come. Now, who can tell me more about formula?

1 comment:

Tory said...

NOOOOOO G Diapers! There is a MUCH better way. I haven't tried them b/c frankly they sound horrible (you have to "stir" the poopy dipe in your toilet to get it to flush properly and they are I think MORE expensive than disposables).
We use cloth dipes regularly and I have a good system for you, but will give more details separately. We have always used enfamil lipil...but you'll have to see how the little dude does w/ it. I am so happy for you I could pee (not in a g diaper, on the potty).
Happy New Year!