Friday, March 20, 2009

how



has more than an entire week gone by since my last post? Where are the days, hours, minutes? How is it that tiny baby Caleb has grown fuller and fatter and longer in the space of a week? It is incredible how he changes EVERY day, just ever-so-slightly. His face is more jowly and less round. His little fingers are reaching and waving and grasping. He has begun to grab the bottle when he eats, and to fling his pacifier across the room with his wee little hands. He pulls my shirt and hair when I hold him. His eyes are ever watchful. What does he see right now? Am I in focus or just a blurry blob that emanates warmth and brings milk? I swear he looks right at me.
I am waiting for the real smiles and gurgles of delight and already feeling the sadness of a period of Caleb's life gone by. One month in this world as of this weekend - amazing. Time never flew so fast, and yet what is it I do all day? I hold him, sing to him, feed him, change his diaper, rock him, dress him, mix his bottles, take his picture, give him his soothie, swaddle him, LOVE him. And that fills up the day....

No comments: