Saturday, May 16, 2009

just when i thought it was safe




After about 10 days of Caleb sleeping through the night - SLEEPING UNTIL SEVEN! - and me finally feeling somewhat normal and somewhat rested and almost sane, baby has decided to return to his patterns of weeks before. Up one morning at 6, then yesterday at 5, then this morning wide awake at 3-something. Not crying, but gurgling and gooing and snuffling and fussing then drifting back to sleep for 15 or 20 minutes before starting all over again.

Unlike my husband, who snores through this early morning concert of baby sounds, I hear EVERY last little thing. Even through a closed door in the other room, where I attempted (early) this morning to stick my head under a pillow and go back to sleep. To no avail.

Has he begun the teething process? Does he have gas? Is his diaper poopy? Are the stuffy nose and post-nasal drip of the past month finally beginning to interfere with his sleep?

?????!*@#?

1 comment:

Tory said...

He's been stuffed up? Well that might explain it...if he's not miserable I doubt ear infection but stuffiness (and bottles, I learned) can bring them on (apparently they suck bacteria into the ears...Finlay could suck a bowling ball through a straw).
Tim is the same way, he wakes for everythng....it will get better I promise.