Sunday, April 19, 2009

not pretty, but beautiful all the same


Motherhood is not glamorous, I've come to find out. Some days Caleb is napless and I scurry around madly trying to accomplish just one small thing while attempting to keep baby entertained and happy. These are days when I can't remember if I brushed by teeth or took my prescriptions. These days will find me bleary-eyed, unshowered, still in pajamas at 4 p.m., hair in a ponytail and most likely wearing at least one item of clothing adorned with baby spit-up. On these days the under-eye circles emerge victorious, and you could quite possibly sail a small craft down the rivulets of deep wrinkles that have formed on my face.

But on these days occur tiny moments like this: baby snuggled and snuffling at my neck, smelling just as a sweet baby should smell, sighing and content, existing only in the now.

Aaahhhh. Beautiful.

No comments: