Thursday, February 19, 2009

a different kind of waiting


Baby q. just isn't ready for the world, so we are still waiting...but there is an end date in site: February 23rd. Our b-mom will be induced on that day if she has not gone into labor/delivered already. In a way it is a relief - some small sort of knowing. But it is still hard. You would think after a week plus of being in Florida I would be in a vacation mindset, but I am exhausted and stressed. In some ways I guess this is just preparation for the life-long job ahead - endless unknowns, sleepless nights, worries, fears, upsets, tears. I can't help but think, though, that once the final consent papers are signed and our beautiful baby boy is in our arms I will feel unparalleled amounts of joy and relief. I so look forward to that moment....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whew! Thanks for the update, I was feeling OCD about checking the blog for news. Anticipation...